FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 11, 2022
Temporary Closure of Emergency Department at Louise Marshall Hospital
This temporary closure is due to significant gaps in nursing coverage. LMH is also experiencing a COVID-19 outbreak which is putting additional strain on the hospital system. “The closure is a measure that we regret having to take,” states Angela Stanley, LMH President and CEO. “Our staff have been going above and beyond for greater than two years and we can not ask them to do more.”
Mount Forest, ON... Louise Marshall Hospital Emergency Department (ED) will be closed overnight on Saturday, July 16 5:00pm to 7:00am and Sunday, July 17 from 5:00pm to 7:00am. The ED will remain open during daytime hours on both Saturday and Sunday.
Anyone requiring immediate medical attention should call 9-1-1. Paramedics will get you to the nearest Emergency Department for care.
The closest Emergency Departments to Louise Marshall Hospital are:
- Palmerston – Palmerston & District Hospital (20 minutes)
- South Bruce Grey Health Centre – Durham (23 minutes)
- Listowel – Listowel Memorial Hospital (32 minutes)
- Hanover – Hanover and District Hospital (33 minutes)
- South Bruce Grey Health Centre – Walkerton (37 minutes)
- Fergus – Groves Memorial Community Hospital (37 minutes)
- Wingham – Wingham and District Hospital (42 minutes)