We provide hands-on learning opportunities to students from many disciplines.
Nursing/Medical Students and Residents
Mandatory Requirements for Nursing and Allied Health Care Students
- Meet with and be cleared by Occupational Health Nurse prior to the start of the placement
- Provide a signed Unpaid Work/Education Placement Agreement. This form must be submitted to the NWHC Human Resources Department.
- Confidentiality and Code of Conduct sign off
- Attend General Orientation
- Contact your preceptor – name to be provided by Placement Coordinator
- Please note: Hospital ID Badge will be provided to you on your first shift
North Wellington Health Care works with the following institutions to place medical students/clerks/residents (to find out more information please click on the below links):
Rural Ontario Medical Program (ROMP)
Southwestern Medical Education Network (SWOMEN)
Canadian Residence Matching Service (CaRms)
Mandatory Requirements for Medical Trainee Placements:
Prior to arriving at NWHC, the following information must be received by the NWHC’s Human Resources Department:
- Letter of Good Standing from your University.
- NWHC’s Confidentiality and Code of Conduct Forms signed by you the Trainee.
Without this information, we are not able to allow you to train at the hospital (please ensure this information is sent at least three weeks before your placement).