Physiotherapy is offered to inpatients at Louise Marshall Hospital and Palmerston District Hospital.
Louise Marshall Hospital also offers outpatient physiotherapy.
Inpatient and outpatient physiotherapy is available for individuals of all ages with musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, and neurological conditions. Patients can be located in any of the divisions in the hospital: medical, obstetrical, surgical, complex continuing care and emergency.
Access to publicly-funded outpatient physiotherapy will be limited to the following criteria listed below.
A referral from a physician or nurse practitioner is mandatory to add your name to the waiting list.
- Seniors (65 years of age and older)
- Youth (0-19 years of age)
- Recipients of benefits under the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (approved claim number mandatory), Ontario Disability Support Program, Ontario Works and Family Benefits
- Post orthopedic surgery and fractures (less than 3 months old)
- Patients admitted to hospital overnight and referred by a physician who treated them in the hospital for the condition they were originally admitted for.
There is a waiting list for outpatient physiotherapy that is prioritized based on patients need. Patients that have had surgery or have been discharged from hospital are given first priority.
Physiotherapy provides the following services:
- Thorough and detailed assessment of the injury
- Individualized treatment and exercise program designed to your rehabilitation needs
- Hands-on treatment (includes manual therapy, modalities and other treatment techniques to enhance recovery)
- Education and a home exercise program at the time of discharge to maintain improvement and prevent re-injury
Hours of Operation
Inpatient support is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to12:00 p.m.
Outpatient Physiotherapy hours at Louise Marshall Hospital are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with some exceptions.
What to Bring
Please remember on the day of your appointment to bring your OHIP card and your requisition with you. Please arrive five minutes before your test to fill in the allotted paper work. You may wish to wear comfortable clothing and bring a pair of shorts with you. Your assessment will be half an hour to one hour in length depending on your diagnosis