FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Temporary Closure of Emergency Department at Louise Marshall Hospital
Mount Forest, ON…As a result of a staffing shortage, Louise Marshall Hospital Emergency Department (ED) will close on Saturday, September 30th at 1:00 pm and will reopen on Sunday, October 1st at 7:00 am.
Patients are asked to call 911 if they have a medical emergency. Emergency Medical Services (Ambulances) will remain available to the community and will re-route to surrounding hospitals to ensure residents continue to have access to the emergency services they need. For non-urgent health care call Health Connect Ontario at 811, which is available 24/7 for non-emergency health-related questions.
The following is a list of the closest hospitals (they may also be experiencing temporary closures due to staffing shortages, so it is advised that you confirm that they are open before heading there):
The closest Emergency Departments to Louise Marshall Hospital are:
- Palmerston – Palmerston & District Hospital (20 minutes)
- Listowel – Listowel Memorial Hospital (32 minutes)
- Hanover – Hanover and District Hospital (33 minutes)
- South Bruce Grey Health Centre – Walkerton (37 minutes)
- Fergus – Groves Memorial Community Hospital (37 minutes)
- Wingham – Wingham and District Hospital (42 minutes)