We love to teach at North Wellington Health Care!
We provide hands-on learning opportunities to students from many disciplines.
- 'hands-on' learning opportunity
- one-on-one teaching with clinician/preceptor
- fewer students per patient and per teacher
- patient continuity of care and follow up
- ability to 'do more'
- intellectually supportive learning environment
Nursing/Medical Students and Residents
In order to secure a student placement at North Wellington Health Care please contact the Academic Coordinator at your educational institution. It is your Academic Coordinator who should work to secure a placement for you at the hospital. Academic Coordinators at all educational institutions, that have a standing affiliation agreement with NWHC, will have a contact at the hospital through which they can secure a placement for clinical training.
Mandatory Requirements for Nursing and Allied Health Care Students
- Meet with and be cleared by Occupational Health Nurse prior to the start of placement
- Provide a signed Unpaid Work/Education Placement Agreement. This form must be submitted to the NWHC Human Resources Department.
- Confidentiality and Code of Conduct sign off
- Attend Day 1 and 2 of General Orientation
- Contact you preceptor – name to be provided by Placement Coordinator
- Please note: Hospital ID Badge will be provided to you on your first shift
North Wellington Health Care works with the following institutions to place medical students/clerks/residents (to find out more information please click on the below links):
Rural Ontario Medical Program (ROMP)
Southwestern Medical Education Network (SWOMEN)
Canadian Residence Matching Service (CaRms)
Mandatory Requirements for Medical Trainee Placements:
Prior to arriving at NWHC the following information must be received by the NWHC’s Human Resources Department:
- Letter of Good Standing from your University.
- NWHC’s Confidentiality and Code of Conduct Forms signed by you the Trainee.
Without this information we are not able to allow you to train at the hospital (please ensure this information is sent at least three weeks before your placement).