LOUISE MARSHALL HOSPITAL
(TEMPORARY PART TIME)
A temporary part time Ward Secretary position is available at the Louise Marshall Hospital site of North Wellington Health due to a leave of absence.
This position is unionized with OPSEU, Local 226.
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, the incumbent is responsible for facilitating effective communication, providing reception and clerical support including (but not limited to) word processing, processing physician orders, chart assembly, filing, requisition completion, arranging tests/procedures and transport, assisting schedule completion, report sheet updating, relief switchboard coverage and providing other assistance and duties, as necessary.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills: cordial, professional and positive mannerism
- Excellent clerical proficiency: word processing, computer entry, reception, filing
- Strong organizational and time management expertise to cope in a challenging and often stressful environment
- Medical terminology course (or equivalency) OR assume responsibility to complete the course within a specified time frame
- Previous Meditech experience
- Detail orientated with demonstrated aptitude for utmost accuracy
HOURS OF WORK:
- As per department schedule
- As per Collective Agreement
External applicants may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please quote job posting 2018-208.
North Wellington Health Care strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
North Wellington Health Care is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.