Vice President, Finance, Technology & Information Management
Posting # 2018-128
The Wellington Health Care Alliance (WHCA) is comprised of two corporations: Groves Memorial Community Hospital (GMCH) in Fergus, and North Wellington Health Care, with hospital sites in Mount Forest (Louise Marshall Hospital - LMH) and Palmerston (Palmerston and District Hospital - PDH). WHCA has delegated the majority of governance responsibilities to a Joint Executive Committee and is managed by a single leadership team. WHCA has an annual operating budget approaching $50 million, supporting more than 1,000 staff, physicians and volunteers.
This is an exciting time as we are completing a greenfield replacement hospital (an Infrastructure Ontario DBF Project) in Centre Wellington, and embarking on a major redevelopment project at our LMH site which is about to begin. We work closely with our three Foundations and are near completion of our fundraising goals.
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President (VP) Finance, Technology & Information Management is a key member of the Senior Management Team and is responsible for the overall financial health of our organizations. The VP will transform our approach to operational management by enhancing the strong partnership with programs to ensure they have the right information to optimize resources and make effective decisions. This role will also oversee the introduction of innovative technologies to enhance customer service and operational efficiency and will lead overall contract management and strategic business development opportunities.
In addition, this role:
- Provides strategic direction for Financial Services, Information Communication and Automation Technology (ICAT), Decision Support and Health Information Management, Procurement and Supply Chain. Serves as\oversees the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Privacy Officer and the Chief Information Officer.
- Oversees and optimizes payroll, scheduling, budget and financial reporting systems to improve management tools and increase organizational accountability.
- Develops a new robust Decision Support service, ensuring accurate data collection to support improved resource utilization and evidenced based decision making.
- Champions the continued development of all eHealth initiatives and enabling technology implementations. This includes developing a path for a replacement Health Information System, Introducing innovative ICAT technologies in our new state of the art facilities, and oversight of our Managed IT Services by Guelph General Hospital.
- Introduces and implements eCommerce processes and best practices in our procure-to-pay Supply Chain.
- Ensure compliance with respective professional standards, by-laws, policies, procedures, regulations and pertinent legislation.
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing a safe, healthy and respectful workplace.
- At least 5 years progressive senior leadership experience in acute care hospitals.
- Master’s degree or equivalent (in progress), and a relevant professional designation suitable to fulfil the roles and responsibilities of this position.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate strategically and politically through the Corporate, Regional, Local Helath Integration Network (LHIN), Infrastructure Ontario, and Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care environments.
- You have strong financial management, data management and analytical skills balanced with excellent interpersonal skills and change management capabilities.
- You are a results-oriented individual with the ability to manage concurrent projects and changing conditions, and employ various quality & process improvement tools such as LEAN methodology.
- Your exceptional ability to collaborate and develop relationships will serve you well in this exciting opportunity.
- Travel is required amongst all three hospital sites and surrounding areas for various obligations, so a valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable vehicle is required at all times.
Interested and qualified applicants should forward a detailed resume and covering letter to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Friday November 23rd, 2018. Please quote the job title and job posting # 2018-128.
The hospitals of the Wellington Health Care Alliance strive to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Our hospitals are committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
To learn more about us, visit:
Vision: Your health matters
Mission: Together, advancing exceptional care and wellness
Values: We are Compassionate, Respectful, Innovative, Professional and Collaborative