PALMERSTON DISTRICT HOSPITAL SITE
A casual Switchboard / Registration Clerk position is available at the Palmerston & District Hospital site of North Wellington Health Care.
This position is unionized with the OPSEU – Local 226
- Graduate Medical Office Program preferred
- Medical terminology Certificate required – current related experience may be considered (must complete medical terminology certificate)
- Expert Meditech Registration knowledge
- Previous Switchboard/Admitting/Registration experience in a healthcare setting
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (especially Word and Excel) and experience with other software applications, particularly hospital information systems
- Compliance with Privacy Legislation and Hospital Confidentiality requirements.
- Experience organizing patient health information with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, physicians and other healthcare professionals, in a polite, pleasant and professional manner
- Ability to work at a fast pace, independently and maintain strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Current knowledge of basic Accounts Receivable functions
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Act as main communication centre answering incoming calls and redirecting to appropriate departments, overhead pages and emergency codes. Manage situations involving power outages, phone issues and paging system outages, pagers, etc.
- Using the hospital information system follows the registration standards for each visit type and ensures accurate registration of patients with current valid information for each visit
- Responsible for understanding downtime procedures for phone system, hospital information system, paging, and any other electronic systems maintained by the department
- Manage contacts in a professional manner understanding the patient is first and foremost
- Confidentiality of all information is a requirement of employment as well as compliance with the Privacy Act, hospital and departmental policies and procedures including compliance with the Pledge of Confidentiality which requires staff to maintain confidentiality even after employment ceases
- Other duties as assigned: Including but not limited to file sorting, chart creation, organizing of patient information
HOURS OF WORK:
- As per department, must be available to work Monday through Sunday, days and evenings
- As per Collective Agreement
EXTERNAL applicants may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please quote job posting 2019-138.
North Wellington Health Care strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
North Wellington Health Care is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.