LOUISE MARSHALL HOSPITAL & PALMERSTON DISTRICT HOSPITAL
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST
(Regular Part Time)
A regular part time Medical Laboratory Technologist position is available with North Wellington Health Care in our Laboratory Department effective June 1, 2018.
Home site for this position will be the Palmerston District Hospital site.
- Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario
- Experienced in Chemistry, Hematology, Transfusion Medicine and Phlebotomy
- Demonstrated knowledge and sound judgment as it pertains to patient and staff safety
- Proficient in phlebotomy and performing ECG’s
- Superior communication, team building, technology and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with many and varied internal and external individuals, groups, and agencies
- Knowledge and compliance with IQMH , Lab Accreditation, and Lab Licensing Standards
- Valid Ontario Drivers License and vehicle required
HOURS OF WORK:
- As per department schedule
- Must be available for all shifts, weekends and stand-by (on call response time of 30 minutes to LMH site)
EXTERNAL applicants may apply to email@example.com and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
North Wellington Health Care strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
North Wellington Health Care is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.