PALMERSTON DISTRICT HOSPITAL SITE
A full time Housekeeping Aide position is available within the Support Services Department at the Palmerston District Hospital.
This position is unionized with OPSEU, Local 226.
- Housekeeping experience in hospital environment or similar is required
- Housekeeping Certificate for Healthcare setting an asset
- Ability to receive written and verbal instructions concerning job routines, operation of equipment and safety precautions
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with computer processes of email, intranet, word and excel a benefit
- Familiarity with Hospital Waste protocols and standards
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of Infection Control procedures in a health care setting
- Ability to carry out the physical aspects inherent in this position (see working conditions below).
Physical demands of the job require tasks that involve repeated lifting, bending, kneeling, standing, walking, pushing carts, periodic climbing which include ladders, operation of floor machines and other equipment
HOURS OF WORK:
- Day, evening and weekend shifts as per department schedule
- As per Collective Agreement
EXTERNAL applicants may apply to email@example.com and are considered only after the internal posting process has been completed. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please quote job posting 2019-149.
North Wellington Health Care strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
North Wellington Health Care is committed to providing and fostering a safe, healthy and respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.